Master Computer Science – Service and systems for the Internet of Things
- Master of Computer Science
- Specialization : Service and systems for the Internet of Things
- Link to the website of the UPEM on Master of Computer Science – Service and systems for the internet of things
- Apply online : https://candidatures.u-pem.fr/
Open in VAE
Open in initial training
Open in continuing education
Open in apprenticeship
This program makes students develop general skills of a computer engineer, but also solid scientific knowledge et multidisciplinary, especially in network engineering and Internet of the things. This program is based on three axes: network engineering, programming and services for the things, and constrained systems. The aim is providing companies which develop solutions in connected things with graduates able to fulfill the requirements and needs of this market which is in full expansion.
Benefits of the training
This program aims a recent field which is the Internet of things and it stands out for the quality of its academic support mainly based on the “Software, Networks and Real time” research team from the computer science laboratory Gaspard Monge (UMR8049 LIGM). The academic team is composed by lecturer-researcher which works, and take an active part in the collaborative projects with industrialists on this topic.
The targeted skills are design, implementation and evaluation of the solutions for the Internet of things (connected objects). This training covers the aspects related to communication protocols, administration, network supervision, security, quality of service, and programming of these objects. The scope of application is broad like supervision of the smart buildings, assistance for dependent people, etc.
After the training
After the training, students find opportunities both in professional and academic world. Students can access to the following careers in: operators and IT service providers based on technologies of connected objects to companies and individuals. The types of accessible employment are related to research and development in the field of networks and the Internet of things: R&D engineer, network architect, consulting in Internet of things, system and network administrator of objects, project manager, operating manager, integrator, etc. The academic opportunities are further learning in thesis.
Organization of the training and possible courses
The formation extends over 4 semesters, the first two are common to all the course types. The training can be followed in initial or continuing training as well as in apprenticeship.
The training includes 120 ECTS (30 per semester) divided between the main following fields:
- Algorithmic and programming (java, cryptography, python and script languages, C++…)-
- networks (networks without infrastructure and Internet of things, routing and transport of data in the networks without infrastructure, wireless networks for communicating systems…)
- constrained systems (sensors and measuring chains, physical architecture of things, low-level programming of things…)
- programming and services (oriented-service programming, OS and programming for things, programming of mobile terminals…)
In the first semester, an option among communication, Web 2.0, combinatorics, types and IT programming, operating reliability.
In the second semester, an option among data compression, knowledge of the companies, and professional script language.
Internationalization of the training
The training can be taken in the frame of ERASMUS programs in which the university takes part. This course is offered in partnership with the University of Palermo (Italy). The internships can be made abroad.
Systems and Services for the Internet of Things (SSIO) has as an ambition to train specialists in the networks of connected objects able to conceive and develop systems and services of the Internet of things. It provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge on computer network in particular in internet of things.
The program aims at training:
- System and network designers for the Internet of things
- Developers of applications and services for the Internet of things
- Architects and network administrators
- Technical engineers
- Network manager and auditor
Moreover, it offers an opening to research and possibility for continuation in thesis in the field of networks in general.
The master’s degree is supported by the laboratory of Computer Science Gaspard Monge. This laboratory gathers about 70 permanent researchers and as many nonpermanent researchers, in fundamental and applied computer science, divided into five teams:
- Algorithms, architectures, image analysis and synthesis
- algebraic combinatorics and symbolic computation
- Software, networks and real time
- Models and algorithms
- Signal processing and communications.
The training widely relies on the software, networks and real time team.
- École nationale des ponts et chaussées (ENPC)
- École supérieure d'ingénieurs en électronique et électrotechnique (ESIEE)
Université Paris-Est Créteil Val de Marne (UPEC)http://www.u-pec.fr/
Campus Descartes, Champs-sur-Marne, Marne-La-Vallée (Copernic building).